Since three weeks I try the paleo diet (also known as stone age diet). I just thought that it might help me to regulate my gut flora because I often suffer from stomachache and cramps. That means, I renounce milk and cereal products. In addition, I waive highly processed foods such as ready meals and fast food (thats sometimes really hard).
So what is left for me to eat? A lot of fresh vegetables, fruits, nuts, eggs as well as meat and fish. I am not a big meat eater. So I try to eat more fish than meat, max. 2-3 times a week. However, I prefer to try out recipes that are without meat and fish.
In principle I was able to adjust well to the paleo diet. The most difficult meal for me is the parleo breakfast. I find it hard to refuse buns, cheese, yogurt, milk and cereals. This is why I ‘ve come up with a nice paleo recipe for breakfast.
How to prepare the your paleo breakfast – Vegetable Egg Quiche
The ingredients you need for the paleo quiche.
What you need on your shopping list to prepear your paleo breakfat:
- 200g spinach
- 200g asparagus
- 1/2 Zuccinie
- 1 small sweet potato
- 8 eggs
- 1-2 tsp coconut oil
- fresh herbs (basil, thyme or sage)
- salt and pepper
What else do you need:
- a oven
- a cake tin ca. 24 cm
And this is how it works:
Cut the sweet potato and zuccinie in small dices. Slice the asparagus into strips and remove the dry ends. Cut the onion and wash the spinach.
Chopped ingredients for the paleo quich.
2. Fry the onions with the spinach and one teaspoon of coconut oil in the frying pan. I always buy and take the vegan Bio-Kokosöl from Dr. Goerg. Its quite expensive (15 EUR for 200 ml) but it really has a great taste. Don’t forget to preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Bio-Coconutoil from Dr. Goerg
3. Crack the eggs into a bowl and mix well. Check the egg for shells. Season with salt, pepper and herbs. Add the cuted zucchini and asparagus and mix gently. Rub the cake tin with a teaspoon of coconut oil.
Fried spinache and mixed egg with vegtables.
4. Spread the sweet potatoes in the cake tin and add the spinach on top. Take the mixed egg with the asparagus and zucchini and put it on top oft the sweet potatoes and spinache. Done!
Cake tin filled with all ingredients.
5. Put the cake tin for 40 minutes in the oven. Check from time to time with a wooden stick, if the egg is getting hard.
And ready is your breakfast! In the morning I take always a piece and warm it up in the microwave for about 2.5 minutes.
Reday to eat! Egg Vegetable Quiche.